[conspire] Technical Interview Performance by Editor/OS/Language - Triplebyte Blog

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 9 11:18:37 PST 2019

> From: "Deirdre Saoirse Moen" <deirdre at deirdre.net>
> Subject: [conspire] Technical Interview Performance by
> Editor/OS/Language - Triplebyte Blog
> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 04:46:53 -0800

> tl;dr: vim’s the best.
>
> https://triplebyte.com/blog/technical-interview-performance-by-editor-os-language
>

> Deirdre

Dang, they didn't include [n]vi.  But I guess in fairness, there are a
lot of flavors/variations of vi - and they only covered one, and
these days, vim is most commonly used/available among them.  Likewise
they just cover one flavor of emacs, etc.

My highly experienced vi fingers don't work quite so fast on vim ...
it's different ... and ends up slowing me down 'cause it doesn't work
quite the same.  And yes I know about its compatible mode, ... it's
not all that compatible.

http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/linux/vim/vim_annoyances.txt

[n]vi rocks!  :-)  Basically it's the vi from BSD - on BSD systems it
is (the) vi, where available for Linux, it's typically nvi ... but can
(if so configured) be vi.