[conspire] Help Installing Linux to Dual Boot With Windows 1j0

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 7 23:28:14 PDT 2019

Quoting Alec Stewart (alec at velocitek.com):

> Hi Rick,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me. After discussing it with a friend, I'm going
> to first try using VMWare Pro to run Linux in a virtual machine. If
> that doesn't work well for me then I will get back in touch.

Funny thing, I was actually going to get around to mentioning to you
that either VMware or VirtualBox might be an extremely attractive
alternative to dual-booting, so I'm glad you're going that direction,
and expect you'll have no trouble whatsoever.

If you wish to come join us, you're still extremely welcome.  CABAL
has become about 80% a social event ever since Linux became accepted as
routine infrastructure and most installation problems got eliminated.
(There are always exception such as dodgy wireless chips requiring
firmware files that cannot be lawfully included in LInux distributions
for copyright reasons and thus must be provided separately.)

Anyway, some of the other regulars and I enjoy cooking for company, and
we have (during good weather) a lovely time in my spacious back yard in
West Menlo Park.  Join us of just drop by for a few minutes if you feel
like it.