[conspire] "The Tragedy of systemd" ... & livingcomputers.org Living Computers Museum+Labs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 18 20:11:06 PST 2019

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> 2 observations...
>
> First, for someone who didnt have time to comment on it, you put quite a
> bit of time into it.

Actually, what I said was  'I really don't want to go through yet
another dissection' -- and so I didn't.  Rather than doing the usual tiresome
recap and point-by-point analysis (among other things, requiring sitting
through a 47 minute talk again), I just pointed out two things that
struck me as weird in Benno Rice's talk, something I could do quickly
and without getting drawn into dumb nitpicking by Aspies.

> Second, didnt someone tell me this was a LOW traffic list ?

18 postings in January
42 postings in December
76 postings in November
15 postings in October
34 postings in September
88 postings in August

Set your own standards as to what you consider low traffic.  If you want
an absolute ghost town, svlug at lists.svlug.org currently qualifies.

One last thing, Texx:

If you're going to make a three-line posting, you can (please) spare
a moment to snip 80 lines of pointless quotation of the entire preceding
thread.

I'm sorry that GMail's default WebUI does pointless and
netiquette-destroying quotation of entire preceding threads by default,
but it's your responsibility to correct its bad behaviour.  (I am
_not_ requiring this, but am politely suggesting it.)