[conspire] DE-9, not DB-9 (was: conspire list hacked?)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 18 11:18:24 PST 2019

DE-9 (or DE-09), *NOT* DB-9 (nor DB9 nor DB-09).  Many folks get this
wrong ... sometimes even vendors' documentation is incorrect.
A DB-9 (were there such an animal) would have the same shell size as
a DB-25, but with only 9 pins.
Once upon a time, Electronics, Etc. in Berkeley had an excellent
display of the various connectors ... and their proper labeling.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature