[conspire] no privacy

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:52:01 PST 2019

Cant comment on why she is unable to create an account.

I did spend a rather pleasant 6 months there, however.

The original idea was for everyone to use their own name.
FB would not let me register under my radio callsign, I had to use my
actual name (which no one outside my family uses)
While I suspect they always intended to hoover data,
I dont think they anticipated the nasty turn that online social networks
would take.
 We all watched the social networking space go off the rails
and the TOTUS and the rest of the twits in DC started making noises about
regulating social networking.

(Like to have seen them TRY to do that,  Freedom of speech etc)
The social networking spaces all panicked and started looking for ways to
get some of theis BS that was going viral under control.
Many went to automation.  In some cases this automation falmunctions.

My theory is that your wife has somehow triggered this automation.

I really dont understand how some FB users are able to spend over 4hrs a
day.
I have an account and I never have time to use it.
I opened it mostly to view links that people send me and I dont even have
time to do that.
While I view it as a horrendous time sink, your wifes group seems to depend
on this thing.

Begrudgingly, I suggest appealing to human beings at FB.
They actually do have a crew of people who are supposed to fix situations
like this.
They figure out that your wife if not some fanatical follower of Lyndon
LaRuche, and hopefully they can get her set up.

Despite her group, shes probably better off without it.
Sharon Sullivan is not joking when she looks up from her FB account and
refers to it as (wait for it, wait for it...)  "Face Crack"

The bulk of my social networking is LinkedIn despite the warts that IT has.
Well, that, and these silly email lists.  (Did I say THAAAAAT?)

--

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker