[conspire] Anyone have a use for some of my old computers?

Dana Goyette danagoyette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 18:13:24 PDT 2019

I have several random old computers from a former workplace e-waste, but at
this point they're just taking up space.  Before I get rid of them
(possibly to e-waste), does anyone want them, or know of a place that could
use them?

All-in-One Desktops: two 20-inch iMacs (2008 "iMac8,1" and 2009
"iMac9,1").  These are too old for modern Mac OS, but they'll run Linux or
Windows decently.  The built-in displays are 1680x1050.

Desktop workstation: Dell Precision T5400 (2007), with two 4-core CPUs.  It
probably uses more power than a modern single 8-core, but it's pretty quiet
by ordinary standards.

Loud rackmount servers:
SuperMicro PDSMU (2007): 2U 8-bay chassis.  Motherboard has nonstandard
layout, so can't easily be swapped.
SuperMicro X8SIL (2010): 1U 2-bay chassis.  Motherboard is Micro ATX, and I
might have a spare non-server case.