[conspire] (forw) HaveIBeenPwned.com (was: Safer Browsing) (personal info. & recruiters)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 9 00:21:18 PDT 2019

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> The automated HR systems, require a birthdate and portion of a SS# that
> gets mixed with your name so that they know WHICH "Jim Shooze" a given
> candidate is.

That makes sense.  It's a pseudo-unique key field.

> I actually dont have a problem giving ATT part of my SS# to be submitted.
> I DO have a problem giving it to "Andrew Smith" whos REAL name is Gupta,
> and while he SWEARS he is in Wyoming, hes really in Hyderabad with a leased
> DID trunk.

I'd have no problem giving Andrew Smith fake data that I fake-swear is
absolutely totally true.  And then my contact database gets a note that
I told Andrew Smith I had Harry Truman's Social Security number and was
born on Guy Fawkes Day.

He has his database full of fibs, and I have mine.  Some day, they can
meet for lunch.