[conspire] Happy National Voter Registration Day!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 25 21:58:18 PDT 2018

Yes, it's that day again!  https://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/
This forum has international participation, so I'll clarify that it's a
day to encourage USA citizens to _make sure_ they are registered to vote
(and register if they aren't).  How?

1.  Calling 866-OUR-VOTE will get you answers to common questions about
registering to vote.

2.  If in California, you can start here for online checking and action:
https://www.nonprofitvote.org/states/california/

3.  If elsewhere, start here:
https://www.nonprofitvote.org/voting-in-your-state/

As someone in the second category, in a few seconds I followed links
from item #2 to my county elections office Web site
(https://www.smcacre.org), and a minute later got reassurance that my
voter registration is current.

Hey you!  You should go forth and do likewise.  Don't risk finding out
on Election Day that you've been mysteriously omitted from the voter
rolls.

Also, at least here in California, the state and counties already have
quite a bit of information online about votable issues in the upcoming
Nov. 6, 2018 statewide general election.

As usual, I will do an analysis page over the couple'a months before
Election Day.  It's not ready yet.  As always, it'll be linked from
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/vote.html .