[conspire] Debian DE/WM/X11 screenshots: Re: Desktop survey

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 30 08:27:05 PST 2018

For quite a while now, Debian has included and made available
screenshots of various (at least mostly?) X11 packages
(and WMs and DEs, among them).
E.g.:
https://screenshots.debian.net/package/fvwm
These can generally be found linked off of the package page,
e.g.:
https://packages.debian.org/
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=fvwm&searchon=names&exact=1&suite=stable&section=all
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/fvwm
https://screenshots.debian.net/package/fvwm

That doesn't exactly give one a full overview, but does at least
help provide some useful information.  "Of course", many/most
DEs and WMs being quite configurable, those are just representative
sample(s), and may reflect mostly (or just) default, and maybe
also some other configuration(s).

Looks like they also make it quite easy for folks to contribute screenshots
too.  :-)