[conspire] new computer?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 21 17:04:45 PST 2018

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (ivan at webthatworks.it):

> uh let's add Trident, Sis, Matrox (nice boards), Genoa, Paradise,
> Chips and Technologies, Tseng, Cirrus, Via, S3, 3dfx, Oak, Number
> nine (nice tech), Hercules (I can't believe I had one, high res, no
> colors)...

Hey, I _loved_ my Hercules graphics card.  And the colour was fine:
your choice of crisp green or amber against glorious black.

(And Matrox was simply ideal for its time.)

Flight Simulator in amber against black was really weird, though -- or,
worse, with one of IBM's green monochrome monitors on account of their
long pixel hang times that made game-playing imaging a bit
hallucinogenic.