[conspire] new computer?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo ivan at webthatworks.it
Wed Nov 21 16:07:32 PST 2018

On 11/21/18 9:33 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):
>
>>   Ivan,
>> Thank you for all of the information.
>> Once there were 2 "major" makers of graphics chips.  ATI and nVidia.
>> AMD bought ATI in 2006 and has been building on that technology since
>> them.  Other recent emails discussed that AMD tries support Linux.

> I'm pretty sure Ivan knows all about this (just sayin').  ;->

uh let's add Trident, Sis, Matrox (nice boards), Genoa, Paradise, Chips
and Technologies, Tseng, Cirrus, Via, S3, 3dfx, Oak, Number nine (nice
tech), Hercules (I can't believe I had one, high res, no colors)...

I even didn't have to check my "Programming guide to the EGA and VGA
Cards" to name them but I'm sure I'm missing some.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net