[conspire] new computer?

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Mon Nov 19 09:52:55 PST 2018

The discussion about disk drives caused me to think, Why don't I just replace the whole thing, especially with Black Friday approaching.   Which brings up some considerations that would be of importance to Linux install.

Graphics:   I recall fussing in the past with non-free drivers.   Do I want to avoid nVidia?

Intel vs. AMD.   I happen to have machines with AMD.

number of cores/threads.   Despite many years of talk, is real parallel processing real?  I'm not into gaming.