[conspire] (forw) Help installing ubuntu? Creating a bootable USB drive

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:06:42 PDT 2018

Hi Michael, welcome to the list.  If you have not subscribed, doing so will
help you see everyone's replies.

Also, it is helpful if you can tell us where you are and where you got
stuck.  I find that the mere act of describing where I am stuck actually
helps me see solutions that I didn't see before.  Good luck!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Just received.  If you wish to reply, you should CC Michael, as I have
> no reason to think he's subscribed.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com> -----
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:59:20 -0700
> From: Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com>
> To: installers at linuxmafia.com
> Subject: Help installing ubuntu? Creating a bootable USB drive
>
>  I am attempting to install Ubuntu on a windows machine. I downloaded the
> ISO file from the ubuntu site, but can't get it onto a bootable USB drive.
> I downloaded rufus but couldn't run it. I attempted to download unetbootin
> but windows wouldn't let me.
>
> My ultimate goal is to run ubuntu, and creating a bootable usb drive is
> just a means to that end. If there's a better way to get ubuntu up and
> running, I am open to it. Any suggestions?
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Christian Einfeldt