[conspire] (forw) Help installing ubuntu? Creating a bootable USB drive

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 27 16:35:59 PDT 2018

Just received.  If you wish to reply, you should CC Michael, as I have
no reason to think he's subscribed.

----- Forwarded message from Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com> -----

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:59:20 -0700
From: Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com>
To: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Help installing ubuntu? Creating a bootable USB drive

 I am attempting to install Ubuntu on a windows machine. I downloaded the
ISO file from the ubuntu site, but can't get it onto a bootable USB drive.
I downloaded rufus but couldn't run it. I attempted to download unetbootin
but windows wouldn't let me.

My ultimate goal is to run ubuntu, and creating a bootable usb drive is
just a means to that end. If there's a better way to get ubuntu up and
running, I am open to it. Any suggestions?

----- End forwarded message -----