[conspire] (forw) [skeptic] These psychedelic stickers blow AI minds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 12 15:37:48 PST 2018

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> I was thinking more about "little brother" environment, which does not seem
> so fictional since about a year plus ago...

I commend to you the thoughts of science fiction author David Brin on
this subject, including his non-fiction book _The Transparent Society_.
Brin's basic thesis is that a modern democratic society cannot hope to
ban surveillance or to pervasively defeat it, but can tame it by making
it accountable, including measures taken to ensure that people who are
being snooped upon can know _who's doing the snooping_ (and being
notified contemporaneously that this is happening).  Basically, he says
that a achivable and sufficient goal is to remove the asymetry from the
information-gathering, e.g., by 'sousveillance' upwards against the
elites.

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/search/label/privacy