[conspire] Linux Journal, redivivus

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 2 22:34:51 PST 2018

It lives!

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/happy-new-year-linux-journal-alive

  Happy New Year- Welcome to Linux Journal 2.0!
  Jan 01, 2018
  By Carlie Fairchild
  in Linux Journal

  Talk about a Happy New Year.  The reason: it turns out we're not dead. In
  fact, we're more alive than ever, thanks to a rescue by
  readers — specifically, by the hackers who run Private Internet Access
  [https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/] (PIA) VPN, a London Trust Media
  [https://londontrustmedia.com/] company.  PIA are avid supporters of
  freenode [https://freenode.net/] and the larger FOSS community. They’re
  also all about Linux and the rest of the modern portfolio of allied
  concerns: privacy, crypto, freedom, personal agency, rewriting the rules
  of business and government around all of those, and having fun with
  constructive hacking of all kinds.  We couldn’t have asked for a better
  rescue ship to come along for us.

  In addition, they aren't merely rescuing this ship we were ready to
  scuttle; they're making it seaworthy again and are committed to making
  it bigger and better than we were ever in a position to think about
  during our entirely self-funded past.
  [...]

  Second, they’re eager to support us in building Linux Journal 2.0
  around the substantial core of devoted readers we had through the many
  years of Linux Journal 1.x.  And, this means we need to hear from you.
  How and where would you like us to go, now that we're back afloat and
  our purpose is to thrive and not just to survive? For that, at the very
  least, we'll be hanging out in the #linuxjournal channel at
  freenode.net.  We'll also be making some long overdue improvements to the
  website.  While that’s going on, we will open conversational channels
  there too.
  [...]