[conspire] Michael Paoli @ Cabal tomorrow, food, hardware, ISOs, ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 7 21:11:35 PST 2018

Yes, I'm planning to come to Cabal tomorrow.

I intend to bring something(s) edible ... I have ingredients, ...
just haven't fully decided exactly what ... yet.  Probably
mostly/all vegetarian stuff, some of it may even be vegan ...
or not.

I'm still pushing some hardware giveaways, notably the larger
items (due to space concerns):
Brother MFC-210C (if nothing else, makes for perfectly fine scanner)
Dell Dimension 8400
more details (and more stuff):
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc
I've also got a recently dead gig switch to add to that list - since it
has a separate power supply, it's unlikely both the power supply and
the switch
failed:
https://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin/2018-November/000972.html

I'll also have my ISOs collection there:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
If one ever wants to snag a copy of all or most all of that (or portions
thereof), if one brings suitably sized media - e.g. (large) flash, or
drive of sufficient capacity, could potentially always copy stuff to
there.  Can also generally burn ISO(s) as needed.
An ext2/3/4 filesystem, or something reasonably POSIX compliant that
Linux can handle easily enough would generally be best ... most notably
because my archive does also have a moderate number of files with more
than one hard link (and yes, there are reasons ... mostly how some
Torrents have multiple files, including ISO file(s), and where and
how I generally store and organize my ISO files, so ... to cover both ...).

I think my ISO collection presently weighs in at about 245G.  I think I also
have an ISO or so I've not added to my listing (and I also have some ISOs
I wouldn't (re)distribute or provide copies of because ... non-free (as
in freedom) & licensing and such - don't have licence to (re)distribute,
and those are intentionally not included in my listing).