[conspire] Holiday thing, Saturday

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Dec 1 02:30:34 PST 2018

This is yet more scandalous Scandinavian propaganda -- be warned.

Saturday from 9am to 4pm, the Bay Area Swedish community will have one
of its traditional blowouts, 'Christmas Fair 2018', 'bringing a piece of
Swedish Christmas to all of us in the Bay Area for a day!'

https://sanfrancisco.swea.org/christmas-fair/

'At the Swedish Christmas Fair you’ll have a unique opportunity to fill
stockings with traditional crafts, imported gifts and delicacies from
Scandinavia. Enjoy Swedish folk music and dancing and experience the
colorful traditional regional Swedish costumes.'

(Want to get shikkered?  Sure, they'll have 'glögg' (mulled wine).  Hic!

Hey you.  You should go.  It's colourful and fun.  Lots to look and and
consider buying, things to eat, things to enjoy.  Yes, I know you're
not Swedish.  I'm _very_ not Swedish, either, and yet this annual event,
which they've been doing for 25 years, is always a treat.

If possible, be there at 11am or 2pm, when they have the signature
event, the 'Lucia performance'.  Don't argue; trust me, you'll want to
see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgxZS4mWSrw   <- Swedish Lucia for Dummies!
(Hah, you thought that was an Italian song, didn't you?)

Where?  It's in the large downstairs rooms at Cathedral of Saint Mary,
SF -- the place my late mother invariably referred to as Sister Mary
Maytag, because it looks like a washing-machine impeller.

1111 Gough Street (@ Geary)
San Francisco