[conspire] Scam du jour

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 31 10:08:31 PDT 2018

Quoting Josef Grosch (jgrosch at gmail.com):

> 4) Sometimes, when I get bored, I answer the call with some bullshit
> like, "Hi, I'd like to order an extra large pizza, a six pack of beer,
> and can you also bring condoms?"

Oh, very good.

Sometimes, if I want to lightly mess around with an unknown caller, I'll
answer with forced retail-clerk cheeriness and sing-song tone:
'Wally Whammy's Wacky World of Pizza.  May I help you?'

That way, if it turns out to be  my long-lost Tante Sonja, I don't have
to make too many apologies for condom jokes.  (To my knowledge, I don't
have an Aunt Sonja, but one never knows, does one?)

I hold in reserve Nick Moffitt's immortal line 'I'm terribly sorry, but
I just don't speak a word of English.'