[conspire] suggestions for web based email

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Aug 22 20:57:06 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 01:32:46PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > Yeah, if I used DSL here to do that, I would pay that almost monthly.
> > something like 235 a month... or more.
>
> Were you aware when you said 'DSL is not an affordable option under
> current rules' that this claim is (assuming it's as you say) probably a
> local NYC problem?

Maybe but it is not.  It seems to be a local Chicago problem and a Local
Milwaukee and Fort Lauderdale problem.  I might check on Seatle and
Austin Texas and LA if you want.  I actually also know it is true in
Hartford Ct, not that I think about it.

It is more likely though, that being in silicon valley, you are in a
more unique situation.

But in addition to that, FWIW, with all do respect, your line is slow.
I should use my line like I do on on the speeds your quoting.  If
anything I am looking to move up and that is be to fiber optic and that
Fios.  Copper itself is not in the future of my plans because of the
limit of the speeds thatr are available.  I'm looking for 100 Megabit
and up going forward.  So that window for DSL is closing.  Optimum is
going to be offering 450mbps for 150/month and then more for the statics
etc.

The last time I even looked for DSL, there was very few players in the
field, and Covad seems to be gone and Panix has taken down their
prices..so I don't even know what is happening.

But I have tried to set up DSL with static IPS for my kids in Milwaukee,
Chicago, Fairbanks, and Bingmagton NY and it is either not available or
just outragously expense, and that has been over a 15 years.

So my expereince is that your deal is very good one and not widely
available, and it is not enough bandwidth for what I currently do.

> Because, as stated, the sentence managed the rare
> feat of being simultaneously vague and also misleading.

Well, this is not vague and misleading.  That sentence is not
acceptable, and it is abussive.