[conspire] suggestions for web based email

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Aug 17 09:14:53 PDT 2018

I have been using Yahoo mail since the dot com era.  The several email addresses I use are actually aliases that forward there.  I also use ATT as ISP. Years ago, I thought it a plus when ATT started using yahoo for email.

Lately the service gone downhill and has developed numerous problems.
* It can take a very long time just to open to mail.yahoo.com.
* Once there, it is very slow in navigating the web site.  I think it is spending a too many cycles serving up ads and instead of following my typing.
* It is also disconcerting that the sometimes I see ads for things I had previously looked at on unrelated sites.

We don't need a long discussion about oath.com and attempts to monetize service.

I would appreciate recommendations for internet based email service that I might switch to.

I could also consider dropping ATT as ISP, but how does that work when ATT owns the cable?