[conspire] Why you should always test your backups

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Thu Aug 9 08:59:01 PDT 2018

True, but asking in a casual way about IT can reveal things about the company culture.
Sometimes there is a response like, "Hank is a good guy and keeps things running smoothly"
Other times the employee rolls their eyes and tries to think of how to respond in a not too negative way.
BTW, I still keep in touch with Hank even though the company closed years ago.