[conspire] Why you should always test your backups

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Wed Aug 8 10:17:59 PDT 2018

In the long run, the guy who wiped out the production is probably lucky to be away from a company with with multiple attitude problems.
I was never in IT, but I used to ask about the IT department when interviewing.   The one time I didn't ask, I found myself at a company that treated IT as a cost to be minimized without concern for how much time and frustration that caused for everyone else.
Speaking of unexpected horrors: this morning, the television had an item about a woman.  She quietly took a break from her current company to go to a job fair.  Somehow the local TV station got her on camera and broadcast the clip.