[conspire] CABAL rescheduled from Aug. 11 to Aug. 25

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 6 22:40:06 PDT 2018

There will _not_ be CABAL this coming Saturday, August 11th, because
I've rescheduled it to a fortnight later, Saturday, August 25th.

(This is because we'll have a conflicting commitment on Saturday.)

As I've already mentioned elsewhere, for those who're not already aware,
this month the World Science Fiction Convention ('Worldcon') is coming
to the Bay Area again (downtown San Jose) for the first time in 16
years.  This is an amazing, drink-from-a-firehose, five-day
participatory event where, among many other things, science fiction
fandom gives out the annual Hugo Awards for best science fiction and
fantasy.

It'll be August 16th through 20th.
https://www.worldcon76.org/

If you cannot attend, you should consider at least watching the
live-streamed Internet broadcast of the Hugo Awards ceremony, the
evening of Sunday, August 19th.  Details at
https://www.worldcon76.org/wsfs/hugos/hugos-overview