[conspire] (forw) Re: Linux server

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 26 15:53:39 PDT 2017

----- Forwarded message from Denny Yang <yangcdenny at gmail.com> -----

Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 12:47:42 -0700
From: Denny Yang <yangcdenny at gmail.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Linux server

Hi Rick,

Happy Friday!
I hope you have been well.

As you know, I have been preparing for the exam. So so far what I have been
doing is trying to get familiar with the syntax and the concepts of the
commands.

But as for the Linux server itself, I guess it's better to buy one, and get
familiar with it? I've never seen a Linux server before.
I've been searching for it on Amazon, and I have no clue on what am I
looking for.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself at the moment.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get a better understanding on a Linux
server?

PS. Configurations, servers, networking are my weakest areas, as I have
never had any computer experiences.

Thank you for your help and have a great Memorial Weekend,
Denny