[conspire] maxima (or alternatives) and wiki

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Mar 20 10:34:30 PDT 2017

I'd like to use a program to massage math symbolic expressions (less
interested in numerical computation).

I'd also like to see what I wrote and be able to search through it on
the web (possibly a wiki).

I'm aware of mathjax and mathml, but both are "formatting systems" and
they really don't understand math.

I'm currently using maxima, but I won't find hard to switch since I
haven't invested much time in learning how maxima works.

Maxima has a "translator" from maxima expressions to tex but there is
still a lot of work to be done before I could search and see maxima
documents on a wiki. I'm not aware of any library I could use other than
installing maxima along with the web server...

http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/maxima_13.html

This is interesting too to get the idea, but requires maxima to be
installed on the wiki server (this could be a clue there are no libraries).

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mafs/Computer_algebra

not really what I'm looking for but near.

Ideally I'd like to have searchable math notes on the web that I can use
in a math program.

In order of priority I'd like to:
- put my math notes on a wiki and
- be able to use them on a math program

First thing seems easy with matjax but sharing any first hand experience
would be appreciated.
Since eg. maybe there are some WYSWYG tools or whatever... and mathml
doesn't seem a comfortable option (xml) or there is a more suited wiki...

I could compromise on second thing just attaching maxima files to the
wikipage even if I'll have to keep them in sync, but at least I'll build
up a library of maxima files that I can search together with some
documentation.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it http://www.borgonovo.net