[conspire] system wide firefox extensions installation

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Jun 18 03:55:35 PDT 2017

With e10s and webextensions firefox is going through a period of deep
change.

Debian extension packages are not keeping up.

I've to babysit my family's PCs and that translate to installing and
upgrading (PCs) * (users) * (profiles) * (extensions).

The first to break was noscript, I followed instructions on how to
package it and set up a home repository.

Now with ffox 55, ublock origin broke.

I gave a quick look at how debian maintainers packaged it and it is way
too different from how they packaged noscript.

I may consider to try to package a newer version of ublock-origin later
but I was looking for a lazier approach other than downgrading to ffox 54.

I thought it was a common problem to install extensions system wide but
I couldn't find any tool to automate it.

What am I missing?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it http://www.borgonovo.net