[conspire] (forw) Need to Install Ubuntu Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 26 23:28:09 PST 2017

In this one case, because the e-mail address is Robert's wife's and not
his, I'm avoiding posting it here.  If someone else on Conspire wants to
send him some comments, I can forward them back.  (I'll be sending my
own comment back to him, and post it here.)

The Hewlett-Packard EliteDesk 800 is actually a perfectly fine 'small
form factor' business PC.  I suspect that by '800GB RAM' he means 8GB,
and this is probably what HP called a 'G1' (generation 1) unit, vs. the
current-production G2.  The specs are here:
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscover2013/HPEliteDesk800_datasheet.pdf
If Robert has described the unit correctly, it's the one in column 3,
the 'tower' configuration.  He probably has qty. 2 of 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
sticks in it.

I really think Robert has done exceptionally in his purchasing, and will
be pleased to help him some more, despite it being a bit slow and a bit
painful to get him the help he needs, some times.

----- Forwarded message from KRISTINA P SMITH <RM: e-mail address redacted> -----