[conspire] backup: lxc and hot-plug usb storage

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Jan 23 14:19:47 PST 2017

I've to regularly backup on a hot-plugged usb drive on a lxc guest.

My plan was to use a udev event on the host to launch lxc-cgroup to make
visible the usb device on the guest.
Then eventually send some event from the guest to the host to make the
device invisible again.

Just mounting in the host and then bind mounting the partition in the
guest has the disadvantage that the guest can't unmount the drive when
finished to backup and has to delegate the action to the host

I'm still working on implementation details but it looks feasible.

I'm open to suggestions and even different approaches.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it http://www.borgonovo.net