[conspire] Barbarians advance! (CABAL time)

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Feb 10 22:30:35 PST 2017

Mignon,
First suggestion: Bring note paper and pen/pencil.
If you are a member of Costco, one strategy is to buy a computer that approximates your needs.  Install your choice of Linux. Install your choice of programs and any external devices you might want.
IMHO, Dell has a tendency to use various pieces of hardware based on their costs/availability.  Their choices sometimes aren't the most compatible with uses other than "normal" software on Windows.
If it all works, smile and enjoy.

If you encounter problems that appear to be hardware that don't seem to be sported by the software, you can return it to Costco.  Just make sure you to know the last date you can make the return.

Paul