[conspire] (forw) [svlug] Free HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN if you hurry

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Feb 2 01:29:05 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 03:56:36PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> -----
>
> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 15:55:03 -0800
> From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> To: svlug at lists.svlug.org
> Subject: [svlug] Free HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN if you hurry
>
> Last night, walking home from downtown Menlo Park, I
> saw a HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN sitting on the corner of Wallea
> Drive and San Mateo Drive closest to Middle Avenue.  (The two streets
> intersect twice, so I'm saying this is the corner further south,
> nearer to Middle Avenue.)

I owned one of these and it was a work horse but ended up with trouble
relating to a design flaw.  dust invetiably gets into the optical unit.
In the end, after the catrige ran out, I replaced it with a M551dn
which is a vastly better machine and was very cheap for the quality.  In
fact, it was hard for me to purchase because it disapeared from the HP
catelogue.

the 2605 is still on the floor.  I haven't had the heart to toss it.