[conspire] (forw) [svlug] Free HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN if you hurry

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 1 15:56:36 PST 2017

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 15:55:03 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: svlug at lists.svlug.org
Subject: [svlug] Free HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN if you hurry

Last night, walking home from downtown Menlo Park, I
saw a HP Color LaserJet model 2605DN sitting on the corner of Wallea
Drive and San Mateo Drive closest to Middle Avenue.  (The two streets
intersect twice, so I'm saying this is the corner further south,
nearer to Middle Avenue.)

Sign on the printer said 'Works but needs toner cartridge'.

That's one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-2605dn-Printer-Q7822A/dp/B000FBWL2O
16 x 18 x 15 inches, 600 x 600 dpi, includes 10/100 ethernet & USB2, does duplex
printing, weighs 42 lb.  First sold 2006.

The catch is of course the toner cartridges.  You'd spend about $270
to replenish the colour cartridge bundle (K, C, M, Y).  Or $100 for a
third-party compatible bundle. OTOH, it's probably way cheaper over time
than an inkjet.

Tt's slow, reportedly about 4-6 ppm.  It's quiet.  Superb print quality.

If you think you might want this thing, hurry up and drive over[1], because
it's going to rain tonight.  (No, it's not mine; I just saw it there.)

Reviews of it and similar model 2605DTN:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/peripherals/printers-and-scanners/printers/hp-color-laserjet-2605dn-57967/review
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828104087

[1] And no, I won't promise it'll still be there if you go there.