[conspire] is cabal go Sat. ?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 7 17:41:38 PST 2017

Hi, Kim.  (Kim isn't yet on this mailing list, so CC Kim if you-all
respond.)

Quoting Kim (kdavalos at pacifier.com):

> Hello,
>
> Newbie here. Newish to linux, new to the cabal. I plan on attending
> this Saturday - can I bring anything to share? Beer perhaps - I am
> close to Fieldwork and their beer is drinkable enough. Unless there
> are objections, of course.  Any other suggestions are welcome :-)

You're very welcome to bring beer or whatever else you'd like to have.
It's not in any way required or expected, but some regulars like to cook
and share, as do I.  Accordingly, there's pretty reliably always more
than enough to share, though the basic food groups are not all
guaranteed to be covered.

Chez Moen is a 1956 ranch-style house with an enormous back and side
yard (developed by yrs. truly in recent years to include orchard trees
and vegetable gardens).  Alas, we CABAListas said farewall to outdoor
CABAL meetings until around May, as of the prior month's meeting
(still possible with my outdoor wood-burning heater), so the glorious
outdoor space won't be used this Saturday, but rather my garage (heated
during the meeting) and adjoining dining room / kitchen / living room.

So, don't be too put off by the funky and slightly cramped venue, and
please put a note on your calendar to visit again on Saturday, May 5, 2018.

(I'm likely to also bake some sourdough bread to make garlic bread
with.)

--
Cheers,                            "I'd say it's latke-esque.  Sort of like
Rick Moen                           Kafka-esque, only less depressing."