[conspire] Employment law

Josef Grosch jgrosch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 20:20:56 PDT 2017

I am currently hunting for my next contract and I have been talking to a
reasonably well known contract firm about a couple of positions. This
afternoon they emailed me a document to fill out. Its the usual
application stuff; name, address, last employer, and a bunch of
questions about myself; are you a convicted felon, are you a member of a
terrorist organization, do you smoke pot, blah, blah, blah.

But one thing stood out, and I quote;

"As permitted under applicable law, Consultant acknowledges that any
client introduced to him/her by Xyzzy are clients of Xyzzy. Consultant
agrees that he/she shall not work directly or indirectly for any client
introduced to him/her by or through Xyzzy for a period of six (6) months
from any introduction."

Its my understanding that this prior restraint has been ruled illegal
here in the 9th circuit court. Can anyone confirm my understanding of
that ruling and can anyone cite the case name/number. I understand that
almost everyone on this list is not a lawyer.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch       |  Another day closer  |
jgrosch at gmail.com  |  to Redwood Heaven   |  Berkeley, Ca.