[conspire] Buy plants! They generate oxygen.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 3 13:11:13 PDT 2017

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> Awesome.  Is there a larger geographic list?
> ((I'd like to buy native plants, preferably ones closer to home. in SF))

You need to check:

o  SF Botanical Garden
   http://www.sfbotanicalgarden.org/

o  California Native Plant Society San Francisco Chapter
   http://www.cnps-yerbabuena.org/

My mother-in-law Cheryl and I are CNPS members, and I recommend it,
if only for the member-only sales and other events.  However, you aren't
going to get vegetables and fruits from California-native plants, so yay
for the Columbian Exchange in that department at least -- not to mention
essential things from elsewhere in the Americas starting with the tomato,
the potato, and chili peppers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbian_Exchange

Here's an incredibly raw, new Web page that wasn't even HTML until a
couple of minutes ago, and is still disorganised.  (I need to separate
the bits about organisations from the bits about events, for starters.)

This is so new I haven't linked it from anywhere, and not ready for
prime time, but you might find some thing of interest on it:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/gardening.html