[conspire] Meanwhile, in Menlo Park...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 19 13:21:28 PDT 2016

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 13:17:01 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: skeptic at lists.johnshopkins.edu
Subject: Re: Yar, maties, are ye timbers shivering?

Quoting Laurie Forbes (laf at rogers.com):

> On 19/09/2016 7:27 AM, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
> >It's that sainted day again, deck swabbers!
> >

> It's also Butterscotch Pudding day.

Also, Hermione Granger's birthday.

Also, the anniversary of the day in 1961 when Betty and Barney Hill
claimed to have been abducted for two hours by a UFO that was joyriding
in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  (Little grey men from Zeta
Reticuli have weird tourism habits.)

Also, on this day in 1982, CMU Professor Scott E. Fahlman invented the
emoticon.  :-)   https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sef/sefSmiley.htm

Last, in 2004, with the departure of former President Jiang Zemin from
the top military post of Chairman of the Central Military Commission, Hu
Jintao became undisputed sole leader of China.  Hu knew?

--
Cheers,                       "We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
Rick Moen                     We believe in: rough consensus and running code."

----- End forwarded message -----