[conspire] CABAL, water-table replenishment edition

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 28 01:41:05 PDT 2016

I get back from a rainy Central Europe, and what do you folks have
waiting for us?  More rain.  Bah.  But good for the water supply.

This coming, rain-enabled Saturday will be a CABAL day.  You are
invited.  There will be food, conversation, Linux, and dry indoors in
which to congregate.  Be warned that, as of Saturday, Deirdre and I will
be in day 5 of a head cold (hence, probably not contagious).  On the
other hand, if you're collecting exotic rhinoviruses, welcome!  (I think
this one is Serbian.)

We hear from cruise industry gossip
(http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2397511&page=8) that
SeaDream I, the small cruise ship we were _supposed_ to be on from Nice
to Civitavecchia, finished sea trials around October 25th, after
protracted repairs of the engine fire damage.  It seems likely that
they'll finally be able to have the first non-cancelled cruise since the
September 1st fire, one departing October 29th from Cannes, France to
Malaga, Spain.  http://www.seadream.com/advisory/