[conspire] Debian to Testing

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sun Mar 6 08:37:37 PST 2016

After a prolonged distraction with my laptop, I upgraded the desktop from Jessie to Testing (Stretch).  There is a lot of info at this link:

https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/mips/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

There were a couple of glitches, which I can discuss in some detail, if someone asks.

Now many applications, that I find important, are finally running versions that the supporting groups had released a year ago, but missed the cut-off to be in Jessie.  (Since I don't work on Debian, I can't complain that they error on the side of caution.)