[conspire] cabal

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jul 15 15:52:37 PDT 2016

[0] https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2248460?start=0 and http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/SpecSheet/ENG/2879-701278.pdf

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 02:05:57PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Daniel Gimpelevich (daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us):
>
> [largest IDE drive ever made]
>
> > To my knowledge, that would be a 750GB drive, right?
>
> Yes, that's the biggest 3.5" PATA I can find mention of.  The biggest
> 2.5" unit seems to have been a 250GB.
>
> The workaround, if one were utterly determined to use a Cobalt Qube 2 or
> similar ancient hardware, with current-production large hard drives,
> would be a SATA-PATA conversion device, such as
> http://www.amazon.com/SATA-PATA-Drive-Interface-Adapter/dp/B002Y2NI4M

The following notes have come to my attention by way of user "ex-parrot"
on Freenode: There is a PCI slot capable of holding a SATA interface
card. In this variant, the PATA interface uses a CF card for booting.
Squeeze was the last Debian release to officially support the device.
Wheezy and Jessie still have the needed "mipsel" repositories, but no
kernel. It needs to be cross-compiled.