[conspire] New laws in 2016, cont'd.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 10 00:47:42 PST 2016

Quoting Josef Grosch (jgrosch at gmail.com):

> When I was growing up there were several "Aunt" and "Uncle" (friends of
> my grandparents) who were German Jews who fled Nazi Germany. They saw
> early on where things were going and got out as soon as they could. I
> remember them telling the stories of having to get exit visas and
> basically surrender all their assets to the Nazis. I have heard similar
> stories from refuseniks who fled the Soviet Union.

The lessons of your elders' generation, and that of my former boss
Jordan Clish's, do haunt us to this day -- which is a significant part
of why it troubled me considerably to learn that my country tell
citizens they may leave only with permission and presentation of the
right documents.

Mind you, anyone in a dystopian USA needing to urgently leave,
dual-citizen or not, logically would be unconcerned about
8 U.S.C. 1185(b) violation.  Leave, worry about fine points later.