[conspire] OT: Deadline to change CA voter registration is May 23rd

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 21 12:50:44 PDT 2016

> In the US, some people believe ballots must be secret, and some people
> very much don't, which accounts for different practices in different
> states. Those who support a caucus system consider it to serve basically
> the same function as jury deliberations.

It's a point well worth considering.  One way to have caucusing and
still have a secret ballot is the caucus method reportedly used by the
Nevada Republican Party:  At the end of caucusing, instead of dividing
phyically into clusters to cast the final vote, you leave to cast a vote
privately (I guess, in a voting booth).  So, you still get the benefit
of caucusing, but nobody knows whom you ultimately voted for.

(I've been registered since age 18 in California, so I've never
experienced caucusing.)