[conspire] (forw) Re: (forw) Re: [Felton LUG] feltonlug.org website online

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 13 12:22:11 PDT 2016

----- Forwarded message from Paul Zander <paulz at ieee.org> -----

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 07:11:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Zander <paulz at ieee.org>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [conspire] (forw) Re: [Felton LUG] feltonlug.org website online
	DKIM_VALID,HTML_MESSAGE,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,SPF_SOFTFAIL autolearn=no
	version=3.3.1

> I'd really like to see this 'Ubuntu is best because it's easy to
> install'.  _Every_ goddamned desktop distribution has been easy to
> install for well over a decade ...

More than a decade ago, I went to a Linux conference.  There weremany distros represented in different booths.   I asked various reps whytheir distro was better.
The S.U.S.E. rep replied SUSE was the easiest to install and handed me some disks.
This was before CD's.  At the time, it was easier than some of the others I had tried.
 This was back when most installations required manually selecting the monitor parameters.