[conspire] 'recovery' partition ... & BIOS/CMOS settings

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 8 18:31:20 PDT 2016

Also, BIOS/CMOS - may want to review the settings there.
Many have configurable option on how one "sees" the drive.
Notably if one "sees" a hidden/reserved/recovery area of the
drive, or not.  As I recall on my IBM ThinkPad T40p series, it had
essentially 3 options:
totally hide it from the OS
let the OS see it, but just ro access
not at all hidden normal rw access