[conspire] Quiet, Freedom-compatible NAT/firewall/misc box?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Mar 20 06:57:57 PDT 2015

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 08:27:45AM +0000:
> Don Marti:
> >   http://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.06577v1.pdf
> > Have a look at the table on page 3.  Yes, Google AdMob sends "user
> > age" and "user gender" over un-encrypted HTTP (!)
>
> This is why nobody pesters people with A/S/L any more.

Time to review iptables string matching.  "Hi there,
my router says you're into [user interest]..."
This is also why it's a win to have an audio out
on your router.  (Yes, AdMob is on Apple iOS too,
not just Android.)

I knew there was a reason I was building my own router
and not just buying one.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/