[conspire] Partly as a reminder about the Sat. March 28 CABAL meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 19 23:27:11 PDT 2015

----- Forwarded message from Ken Bernard <kenbernard at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:59:33 -0700
From: Ken Bernard <kenbernard at gmail.com>
To: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: I hope to attend CABAL Sat. March 28

Hi Rick-
I hope to attend the CABAL installfest on March 28. I hope to install
Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS or 14.04.2 LTS on an old Lenovo ThinkPad T61. The laptop
was new when Windows XP was being retired. I don't know if we will be
successful in getting Ubuntu working on it, but it would save me the hassle
of buying a new laptop.

I have downloaded the distros and burned them to disc, which I will bring.
See you next week

Ken Bernard

> I hope to attend the CABAL installfest on March 28. I hope to install
> Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS or 14.04.2 LTS on an old Lenovo ThinkPad T61. The laptop
> was new when Windows XP was being retired.

Hi, Ken!

I have high confidence of no problems.  The T60 series was a really good
one that by around 2008 had really excellent Linux support.

----- End forwarded message -----