[conspire] check out AC power (Watt)meter (What's Your Watt?/...) from library

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 18 02:33:35 PDT 2015

One can check out AC power Wattmeter (What's Your Watt?) from
library.
San Francisco Public Library has them (What's Your Watt?).
Among other things, they will display Watts.  (They're designed
to be quite consumer friendly.  They'll also display lbs. of CO2
and $s - the latter two making presumptions which may or may not
be accurate and are (obviously) not direct measurement.)
And if San Francisco Public Library is not sufficiently close/convenient,
if one is CA.US. resident, can check out via Link+ from any Link+
participating library (most public libraries in CA.US. are, also
includes some libraries beyond CA.US.).
Not sure of the details, but appears the Tool Lending Library of
Berkeley Public Library has similar ("electricity monitor" /
"watt meter") - but to check out Tools from
the Berkeley Public Library's Tool Lending Library, one must be
18+ years of age, and also resident of Berkeley or owner of
property (real estate) in Berkeley.

Can be quite convenient and comparatively economical if one only has
rare/occasional use for such.

references/excerpts (some of these URLs may not be persistent):
http://www.sfenvironment.org/whatsyourwatt
http://www.sfenvironment.org/news/update/are-phantom-loads-haunting-your-energy-bill
http://sustainability.ucsf.edu/1.310
http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=2000610901