[conspire] ieee

Ruben ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sat Jan 31 15:45:24 PST 2015

I don't need an email address, I have one, and I will have it until I
die.  I can give you one also if you want it, for free.

Frankly, they seem like AMWAY to me.  There website sucks and is largely
reflective of what I've seen of them thus far, which is a dis
conjunctive group of technology people with many commercial interests,
often in conflict with each other, and huge egos all around, which seems
to be one of the reasons it doesn't work.

I asked because i was sort of railroaded in to joining by one professors
at LIU to join and that gets him a nice plaque at the end of the year to
hang in his office.

As a standards based organization, frankly they suck.  They have
repeatedly made "standards" that are essentially corporate bonuses. They
are no doing or funding and real research....

It seems so much of late as the Moose lodge.  Those things can be good,
but I'm a free software person myself and I just don't feel like being
associated with a bunch of patent whores, and corporate interests...
all of them banging on each others chests.

I'm at a crossroad with them.  Right now, I can't even make their
website work correctly and they spam my email box all day and all night.