[conspire] Tips for setting up git repositories for web sites?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Feb 26 01:58:47 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Deirdre Saoirse quotation of Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:53:17AM -0800:
>
> That sounds like pretty close to what Piehole does...
>
>   https://github.com/dmarti/piehole
>
> Relatively simple replication of git repositories
> across hosts.  The actual push from one to another
> happens as a special-purpose user who can be given
> limited ssh access.
>
> I don't have it running in production yet, but it's
> a relatively small Python script.  Uses etcd to keep
> refs synced among repos.

Looking at the README and taking a glance at it, it seems to be solving
the inverse case. I don't have multiple people pushing (at present), and
each of the 26 (!) repos is unique. Granted, there are a lot of
similarities, which is why I have a starting template Ruby script (could
just as easily have been Python) that copies a starting list of
preferred plugins and themes.

The bigger problem is ensuring each would get to their respective web
deploy locations.

Deirdre