[conspire] Tips for setting up git repositories for web sites?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Feb 25 12:08:46 PST 2015

begin Deirdre Saoirse quotation of Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:53:17AM -0800:

> So, my current problem is: I’d like to replicate using git push to push to my VPS as well, but I’m uncertain how to set that up on the Debian side. I’ve got quite a few WordPress sites to deploy….

That sounds like pretty close to what Piehole does...

  https://github.com/dmarti/piehole

Relatively simple replication of git repositories
across hosts.  The actual push from one to another
happens as a special-purpose user who can be given
limited ssh access.

I don't have it running in production yet, but it's
a relatively small Python script.  Uses etcd to keep
refs synced among repos.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/