[conspire] Another motherboard was _not_ burned out today

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 23 12:46:18 PST 2015

Quoting Scott DuBois (rhcom.linux at gmail.com):

> Eh, kind of a bummer for Michael but, I thought it interesting that I remembered
> the conversation from the BALUG list and happened to have those old emails. I do
> my best to try and save the ones where I have learned something important or
> useful to my own personal situation so that I may refer back to them later.

Many of the entries in the Linuxmafia Knowledgebase (linuxmafia.com/kb)
got their start exactly like that.  I saved some particularly
interesting mailing list or newsgroup posting to my
~rick/public-html/linux-info directory.  Then, later I went bakc and
wrote a script to parse the URLs in those and construct an HTML page
from them, et voila, instant Web page that I then moved into the
knowledgebase somewhere.

The Knowledgebase itself is run using a nice little Perl CGI script
called PerlHoo (Yahoo directory in Perl) that I resurrected and improved.